KALININGRAD

A brief street-report shot in 29 hours 1/2 (July 23rd – July 24th 2011)

The site now occupied by Kaliningrad was previously the site of the Prussian- German city of Königsberg, founded in 1255. During World War II the city was largely destroyed and in 1945 became part of the Soviet Union.

Geographically separated from the rest of Russia, the Kaliningrad Oblast exclave is located between Lithuania and Poland on the Baltic Sea.